HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT HSAW 1974 and ISO 45001:2018
This Cade Roofing and Building Services Ltd Health and Safety Policy Statement applies to all operations (Scaffolding, Roofing and Building Services) both at the company’s head office at Unit 06 Portfield Road, Portsmouth and on transient work sites, whether planned or responsive works for scaffolding, roofing and building works.
The Managing Director (Mr. Lee Cade) recognises and accepts responsibility to provide a safe and healthy working environment and to prevent injury and ill health for all employees, sub-contractors and visitors who attend Cade Roofing and Building Services Ltd. premises and transient work sites and others (e.g. public, sub-contractors, client workers and others) who may be affected by the conduct of our operations. By signing this Occupational Health and Safety Policy, the Managing Director gives approval to the Occupational Health and Safety Management System described in the Integrated Management System Manual (HSEQ) and in supporting Company Processes. As the Managing Director, I am committed to continually improve the health and safety of our workers to ensure it remains robust and upholds the safety of all.
Cade Roofing and Building Services Ltd. recognises the social and economic importance of protecting the health and safety of those affected by its operations and is committed to leading by example in promoting health and safety in all its operations. Health and safety should never be compromised for any other objective.
This Occupational Health and Safety Policy is evaluated as part of the overall review of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System to ensure its stated objectives are met. This statement will be reviewed on an annual basis.
HEALTH AND SAFETY OBJECTIVES AND PRINCIPLES
The objectives and principles of the Occupational Health and Safety Policy are:
▪ To ensure that the risk of COVID 19 within the workplace is controlled at all times by ensuring; PPE/RPE, communication, information and instruction is maintained at all times
▪ To establish and maintain an Occupational Health and Safety Management System which satisfies the requirements of ISO 45001:2018, all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, industry best practice and any other Client specific requirements.
▪ To maintain workplaces to ensure that they are safe and without health risks, including means of
access and egress, with adequate facilities and arrangements for employees’ welfare.
▪ To provide and maintain working environments and safe systems of work for employees that are safe and free from health risks.
▪ We are committed to eliminate, so far as reasonably practicable, all hazards and reduce risk to provide a safe working environment free from injury and ill health.
▪ To provide and maintain plant and equipment and operational controls that prevent injury and ill health.
▪ To ensure safety and absence of health risks in connection with the use, handling and storage of articles and substances.
▪ To consult with employees on issues relating to occupational health and safety.
▪ To promote and encourage a positive health and safety culture throughout the organisation through the provision of information, training, instruction and supervision.
▪ To provide sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to enable employees to avoid hazards and to contribute positively to the health and safety of themselves and others whilst at work.
▪ To establish effective arrangements to draw the Occupational Health and Safety Management System to the attention of employees so that they are aware of their obligations and carry out communication, so it is understood and implemented by all employees.
▪ To ensure all employees are aware of their individual occupational Health and Safety obligations under the Health and Safety at Work etc 1974 Act. Management shall seek the support and co-operation of employees with respect to occupational health and safety.
▪ To operate a ‘balanced blame’ culture whereby employees are openly encouraged to report hazards, including near misses, without fear of reprisal to ensure the root causes of accidents are identified thus enabling measures to be put in place to eliminate recurrence.
▪ To ensure sufficient financial and physical resources are available to meet the objectives of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System, as well as all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
▪ To ensure occupational health and safety objectives are set, monitored, and reviewed at regular intervals.
▪ To maintain continual improvement of occupational health and safety management and performance by regularly monitoring and reviewing the occupational Health and Safety Management System to ensure its effectiveness.
▪ To update operations in response to advances in technology, changes to industry best practice and new understanding in health and safety.
▪ To ensure that risk assessments are being carried out on an on-going basis, with employees participating in the risk assessment process. Assessments will cover our undertakings and will assist in the identification of hazards and the setting of prioritised objectives for elimination and reduction of risk.
▪ We are committed to ensure that we uphold all relevant health and safety regulations that impact on our operations
▪ To arrange for the effective planning, organisation, control, monitoring and reviewof preventative and protective measures.
▪ To maintain records as objective evidence to show compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
The Managing Director has the overall responsibility for the Occupational Health and Safety Policy and Occupational Health and Safety Management System including formulation, development, implementation and encouraging commitment by personnel at all levels of the Company.
The Management Representatives nominated in the Integrated Management System Manual are responsible for the co-ordination, implementation and monitoring of the policy throughout the organisation.
All employees, contractors and visitors are responsible for policy implementation by cooperating, participating and contributing to its success through their actions and suggestions.
This Occupational Health and Safety Policy is communicated to all employees, contractors and visitors. A copy is displayed on employee notice boards at the Head Office, held in the Site Offices and published on the internal company shared drive and company website. All employees are encouraged to read it and communicate any queries to a Director. Copies are made available to interested parties on request and a copy is published on our company website.
DATE: 26/06/2020 (Reviewed every 12 months)
This Policy is displayed at the Head Office and is available to all personnel, including Visitors, contractors and any interested parties. All employees are encouraged to read it and communicate any quires to a Director. It is also available on the company www
A copy of this Policy can also be obtained, on request (to any interested parties) from our Main Office at Unit 06, The Nelson Centre, Portfield Road, Portsmouth, Hants PO3 5SF
This Policy Statement has been approved by UKAS (DAS) our external auditors
Environmental Policy Statement
Cade Roofing and Building Services Ltd is a leading, local contractor whose core business processes are roofing and scaffolding processes We acknowledge the importance of being responsible, sustainable and ethical in order to meet the needs of the present and leave a better environment for future generations. We believe this can be achieved through the skills and knowledge that our employees have and the techniques and the materials that we use. Our strategies and operations promote the best environmental practices because of the business and ethical benefits that this bring. Cade Roofing and Building Services Ltd directors, employees and managers are proud to support this policy. We are accredited with ISO 14001:2015 and will uphold its requirements and are committed at all times to support its cause by ensuring the protection of the environment and continual environmental improvement.
Through this statement, Cade Roofing and Building Services Ltd, will:
• Comply with all applicable legal requirements and any other requirements placed on us;
• Set and communicate clear quantifiable environmental objectives
• Take all reasonable measures to prevent pollution from our scaffolding and roofing processes
• Provide all staff with training to raise their awareness of environmental and sustainability issues;
• Reduce our vehicle emissions through good management and maintenance of our company vehicles.
• Reduce the environmental impact of Cade Roofing and Building Services Ltd through reducing, reusing and recycling materials to reduce our impact on the environment.
• Minimise environmental impact, so far as reasonably practicable, by implementing our cradle to grave (life-cycle) policy with regards to our scaffold and roofing supplies and recycle all waste.
• Ensure that our scaffold board suppliers sustainably source materials in line with the requirements of their PCFC and FSC certification
• Protect the environment during our scaffolding and roofing processes
• Put in place measures to promote reduction, re-use and recycling of building waste;
• Implement the Cade Roofing and Building Services Ltd Sustainable Procurement Policy to encourage improvements in the environmental performance of suppliers, goods and services;
• Engage with our customers to promote environmental best practice and seek collaborative opportunities in order to facilitate developments with environmental protection.
• In line with our ISO 14001 standard we will set and monitor our environmental objectives
• Ensure that this policy is communicated to all our employees, clients and subcontractors
• Encourage companies, who operate in partnership with us, to adopt a policy in accordance with the commitments laid out within this Policy.
Cade Roofing and Building Services Ltd
Revision 01 26/06/2020
Next Review: 26/06/2021
Quality Policy Statement
At Cade Roofing and Building Services Ltd, we undertake the following processes:
✓ Minor Building Services
It is policy of Cade Roofing and Building Services Ltd to provide its customers with a high-quality service and expectations to meet our customer and contractual specification, we are committed to ensure that we provide the highest service possible. We are accredited with ISO 9001:2015 Standard, we are committed to ensure we uphold its requirements and will continually improve our processes and procedures to ensure that they meet client, suppliers and business needs. It is of the utmost importance that we are totally customer focused towards their requirements and the scope of services our customers and their needs and strive to achieve perfection. We are committed to work with both clients and suppliers to maintain and continually improve and maintain the highest quality standards.
Overall responsibility and ownership of the Quality Management System (QMS) is our managing director, who is fully supported by his management team. Our management team lead quality from the very top of the organisation to ensure both compliance and upholding the quality of our service. We ensure that this policy is both consulted and communicated to our customers, workforce, subcontractors, stakeholders and others to demonstrate our commitment to provide a high-quality service to our customers. We fully understand the benefits of a comprehensive and robust QMS, which is led and managed in that customer loyalty, repeat business and future business with existing clients and others.
We are committed to ensure that the aforementioned are constructed to the highest standards to ensure both customer satisfaction and repeat business with our existing and new clients. As required by the standard, we will set and continually monitor our quality objectives. As required by the standard and our policy, we plan, do, act on all our business processes, to ensure continual improvement we identify non-compliances and implement lessons learnt to ensure continual improvement.
The corporate objective of the company is to achieve long-term profitability by providing products and services to the highest degree of excellence demanded by our customers. We will use appropriate feedback to assure the attainment of this commitment. The Quality Manual, Processes, Procedures and Work Instructions are dynamic documents, which describe at an appropriate level of detail the policies, procedures and operating practices to be followed. Each member of staff will be encouraged to review and develop the processes, procedures and practices applicable to their areas of work within the company. Every employee is encouraged to understand their contribution to the overall business and its customer service. Personal objectives will be set accordingly. The Quality Manual has the full support of the Senior Management Team and, together with the supporting Quality Processes, Procedures and Work instructions, ensures that activities are controlled in a manner compatible with achieving contractual obligations effectively. We will work with staff, suppliers and other partners to continually improve our QMS and consequently our service to customers.
Cade Roofing and Building Services Ltd
Revision 01 26/06/2020 Reviewed Annually Next Review: 26/06/21